Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 4: California is huuuuuuuge

At first glance, I thought this would be a really fun topic. But, after further review, I have decided this is a very difficult topic...because I want to visit everywhere. I could pick ten places in California alone. And you know what? I think that's where I'm going to do. The ten places I want to visit in California. Because otherwise I'm going to get overwhelmed at everywhere I haven't been in the world, and I'll compare my life to those people I know who are my age and have been to Europe and Asia and South America and Africa already...and then I'll eat a whole tub of ice cream. And we just don't want that to happen.

So here is my list of 10 places I want to visit (extensively and thoroughly, not just a quick drive by) in California.

1. Big Sur
2. Hearst Castle
3. Highway 1 (from border to border)
4. The Winchester Mystery House
5. San Diego
6. The Redwoods
7. Point Reyes
8. Half Moon Bay
9. The Wine Country (Napa/Sonoma)
10. Universal Studios

Do I need to add some explanations? I feel like I need to expound a bit.

I'm kind of cheating by putting Highway 1...because lots of those things are found on Highway 1. But I want to see everything the WHOLE highway covers. Not just the high points and popular spots. And it is sad for me to admit that I lived like an hour away for 2 years, but never made it to see the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. I have been through the Redwoods a few times, but never in my adult life when I know I would really appreciate it. Also embarrassing to admit that I never went to Half Moon Bay OR the wine country during my time in the Bay. Good lord, what did I DO when I lived there?

Oh right...school dominated my life. That's why I moved to Kentucky.

So there it is. Because I was so invested in my future and being successful in school, I never got the opportunity to visit the fabulous places my home state has to offer. But I do hope to change that sometime in the near future...it's on our 5 year plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment